Thursday, February 25, 2021

Socially Distanced Trip to Las Vegas, February 24 to March 2 - Day Two

I get up around 8:00 AMish.  I had difficulty sleeping, there was air conditioner noise, plus I heard music from Fremont Street (a stage was just around the corner from my room).  I get showered off and head down to meet Kip for breakfast.

On the website (and on a paper posted at the check-in desk) it said reservations were required for the restaurant, but I called them and they said it was first come, first served.  Kip met me and I don't recall there being a long wait.  The tables were spaced more, although it wasn't too crowded when we were there around 9:30 AM.  The tables had the following card on them:


We're ready to order breakfast.  We get coffee, and I noticed that the handle of my mug was mostly glued on.



I get steak and eggs, they were pretty good.


Kip got the Gridiron Special:


So Binion's (and Four Queens) was running a Lunar New Year promo, where if you got 1,000 points, you'd get one of their figurines along with $10 in freeplay for every 100 points.

We allotted after breakfast until around 4:00 PM to get the 1,000 points done.  At 50c play, we figured it would be around 4 hours.  We were about in line with that projection, and we were finished around 2:30 PM.  I had a loss, but Kip had a win, and with the bonus free play and cashback, we had a small profit.  I also picked up a mug and t-shirt (was supposed to be a polo shirt, but they were out) from the Binion's slot app that I redeemed before they shut that program down.


We had a 4:15 PM reservation at Golden Tiki for Happy Hour there, so after a little break, Kip and I went to pick up AH at Cosmo and then headed to Golden Tiki.

I do enjoy coming here, the decor is nice, even if the drinks aren't the greatest.  It's still a nice place to hang out for cheap drinks.  Our waitress was one who has helped us several times before (at least I recognized her from times before).  We ordered Dole Whips, but there was a problem with the machine, so she gave us a mini "mystery" drink while we were waiting.  AH paid for the drinks and Kip and I split the tip.

The mystery drink, which was a version of a Black Bettie.

Dole whip!

We had 6:30 PM reservations at Bugsy & Meyer’s, so we headed over there.  We needed new diamond cards to use our diamond celebration dinners.  It is supposed to be a "speakeasy" style place, and there is a fake storefront that you have to enter to get to the steakhouse:


The steakhouse itself has seating that is visible from the hallway, so it doesn't have that real "speakeasy" feeling (although they do have some inner rooms that are more private, they were unavailable due to COVID restrictions).

We ordered a few cocktails and I ordered the filet.  The steak was good, although the plating seemed rather plain:


I finished dinner with a Balvenie 14 year Caribbean Cask.  At least that's what I thought I got, on the bill, it had the regular 12 year.  In any event, it was good.

Is it the 14 year?  Is it the 12 year?  Who knows???

Our pretax total for dinner was $193, so we could have gotten one more thing to max our our $200 comps, but we were okay.  Even though Kip and I used our celebration dinners, Kip left the tip.

After dinner, we dropped AH off at Cosmo and Kip and I headed to Ellis Island to use coupons.  I did poorly, but Kip did okay, and we split a $30 profit.  I saw they had $5 dice, so I bought in $100 for Kip and I.  I rolled about three or four times and Kip did the same, and just like that, I lost $82!  We halved our $10 match plays on roulette and split $40.

I dropped Kip back off at Cosmo (I guess she couldn't handle staying at Hotel Apache anymore), and I headed back to Hotel Apache.

It was still before midnight, so I decided to play a little.  I had a nice hit on my first hand back at Binion's:

I needed a black jack!

I then walked over to California, because I wanted to play some Treasure Chest VP.  The two machines they had had a plate covering the bill acceptors, you need to use coins to play!  I'm like, no way.  But, since I was here, I decided to play the 25c 7/5 BP progressive.  I did hit bonus quads for an extra $1.50!


I then tried the 50c 8/5 BP progressive (the RF was at $2,380.25).  Needless to say, I didn't hit the royal, nor any other good hand, and cut my losses at $80.

I head back to Hotel Apache and get ready to head up to my room, but there are some Wheel of Fortune 4D slots near the elevator, so I decided to give them a shot.  Just a $20, I told myself, which became another, and another, and another.  Soon I'm in for $100 and I'm so upset with myself.  I'm like, why did I do this, it was stupid.

So naturally, instead of going to bed a loser now, I had to go back to the full-pay video poker machines to "get it back".  Well, wouldn't you know, I did. . .

That makes things better!
 
I had a $50 F&B credit, so I picked up a hot dog and water at the deli (which was right behind where I was playing).  That was $8.93, and I left a $2 tip.  I went back to the room to eat and count my winnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment