Sunday, February 27, 2022

Hipfest V: The Birthday Celebrations!!! - Day Four

Sunday, the last day downtown before we conclude our trip on the Strip.  We have our last video poker tournament session today.  Hopefully we can hit some big multiplied hands.

Kip and I have our in-room coffee before heading down to Vue Bar to start our morning.  I hit two quads before we head to Magnolia's for breakfast (again).  I got something different this time though.

Hash and eggs!

Today's session is at 10:50 AM, so it was a hurried breakfast.  But the session did not give us anything good. . .

Saving the worst for last. . .

There didn't seem to be a point to buy the last mulligan.  I mean, I could have gotten some ridiculously high score, but it didn't seem likely.  Ah well, get gave it a shot, and we had a good time.  I should mention, that we (Scott, Kip, and I) were very vocal during our sessions, talking quite a bit of smack between ourselves, which I don't think I saw in the sessions before or after us.  I think the hosts watching the tournament liked it, they kept trying to get the crowd going.  We were pretty much being our usual selves. . .  On a side note, Dave overslept for his third session, bought the mulligan and ended up in 12th place, getting $75 in free play.

So, it's back to Vue Bar.  I'm not sure exactly how long we played, but in that time, Scott hit 19 quads!, I did hit 11, and Kip hit 9.  No straight flushes or royals though.

Since Kip micro packed, she needed to do laundry.  We also had dinner reservations at 8:30 PM at Hugo's Cellar.  I dropped her off at Busy Bee Laundromat about a mile or so away.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I went to Jerry's Nugget because I thought there was a coupon.  There wasn't, but they have a new player promo where you get the following:
  • 50 pts = $5 comp
  • 100 pts = T-shirt
  • 250 pts = $20 comp
  • 500 pts = $40 dining credit
  • 1,000 pts = $100 free play
They have 8/5 Bonus Poker and Not So Ugly Deuces, so I texted Kip to see if she'd be in on this and she said yes.  There were supposed to be machines at $1 and 50c, but the ones I found that had NSUD were only full-pay at 25c.  I only got two five-of-a-kinds and no dirty royals, so I had a bit of a loss.  I did get the 1,000 points and turned the $100 FP into $90 cash, so not too bad.  Plus I'm getting $60/wk FP offers from them, so that will get back some of the losses.


Kip had been ready, so around 7ish I headed over to pick her up and we headed back to The D, plenty of time to get ready for dinner.

The reservation was in my name, and Scott wanted to add two guests, which wasn't a problem.  We actually had to wait a bit for them to seat us.

The dinner party!

Somehow I missed taking a photo of my salad, but here's the rest of my meal:

Lobster bisque!

Lemon sorbet.

Surf and turf au poivre!

It was an excellent meal and our company was excellent as well.  We headed back over to Vue Bar (of course), and they did join us for a little bit.  I hit seven quads, Scott hit six quads and a straight flush, and Kip hit three quads and a straight flush, but she also hit aces, while Scott and I could only manage one bonus quad each.

They changed up the bourbon at Vue Bar, so no more Maker's Mark.  They have Frey Ranch (from a northern Nevada distillery), Larceny, and Elijah Craig, as well as Jim Beam and Evan Williams.

A bit of Elijah and Coke. . .

Kip had monthly comps to blow out, but just enough for one shot, and we tried this:


It was pretty good, not as good as the Clase Azul we had last summer, but still nice.  We tried one more shot of fun play on Dream Card, but no luck this time. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment