Monday, October 3, 2022

Semi-Free Play-palooza, the trip to Las Vegas, Day eight

 

The view from Legacy Club

Last hotel change, last few nights in Las Vegas, where did they go?

We were going to have breakfast at 9:00 AM at Binion's, but we "had" more play to do at El Cortez.  We did our morning play, and then had lunch at Siegel's 1941.

Holy redraws, Batman!  That could have been a little better!

French Dip!

Kip got us a late check out, so we weren't rushed getting out of there.  We did see Victor doing a live stream, nothing too exciting.  We wished him well and told him we'd see him another time.

Our last hotel was Circa.  I had been getting Sun-Thu comped rooms, so I decided to take them up on it.  As I mentioned earlier, getting two beds was an additional $20/night upcharge.  If I could have gotten a Flex King room (with the murphy king), then it would have been free, but I didn't inquire about that (plus Scott has a host and plays a bit larger than I do).  In any event, it was fine.  We didn't have the Stadium Swim view that Scott had, we could see California though. . .

I can see California from my room!

It is a nice room, the two kings are nice, it has a refrigerator (but no coffeemaker).  Dual vanities are nice, plus there's a bench that has storage cubbies underneath.  A strange thing is that the toilet is set off in an alcove, but doesn't have a door (which it could).  The shower has built-in amenities in the wall (which some people don't like).  Another thing that bothered Kip and I was that the water was extremely soft, it left us with that "slimy" feeling after showering.

So around 4:00 PM, Kip and I started on my LVA Golden Gate coupon (the same $5 per 50 points as The D).  Apparently, between the two of us, we knocked out 1,000 points by around 6:45 PM.  Just in time for our 7:00 PM dinner reservation at 8 East.

I hadn't eaten there before, but I heard decent things about it.  I'm a pretty picky eater, but I did enjoy the things I tried.

One Night in Hong Kong

Spam Musubi

Dan Dan Noodles with shrimp

Sizzling shrimp

Brisket Fried Rice

Sizzling noodles

I heard a lot about the brisket fried rice, but I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would.  I really enjoyed the Spam musubi (which I've made at home).  $87 in food and $42 in liquor later (which we used our monthly comps) we were done.  We had a little time to refresh ourselves before our 9:00 PM reservation at Legacy Club.

Kip specifically packed "decent shoes" as the last time we tried to go, she was denied entry because she didn't have proper footwear.  There were no issues this time, thankfully!  We sat and waited for Bob to arrive.

The fabulous Miss Kip!

So the mailers I receive (and the correspondence with a concierge) indicated that the monthly comps weren't usable at Legacy Club.  We asked our server this and she said there would be no problem.  We also had the champagne toast for two LVA coupon, plus Bob had been given a free champagne toast coupon when he checked in to Golden Gate (which I thought was strange that I didn't get one checking in to Circa, where the lounge was located!).  I ordered us three toasts, but Bob said he wasn't having any, so Kip would have to drink two.

Champagne!

Cheers!

We were sitting inside, since outside seating cost more, but I asked our server if we could go out on the patio.  Of course!  So we did.

Cheers with a view!

I was out here in February last year, so it was a wee bit chillier then!  They did to some rearranging of the seating, and they move a couple of boards that listed the Vegas mavericks (I guess they were taking up too much viewing area).

Back inside, we had to figure out how to spend for our drinks.  We ended up with:

Blanton's Legacy Club Barrel

Weller Full Proof Legacy Club Barrel

As you can see, they list quite a few of the bourbons at "Market Price" (whatever that means).  Some of the prices our server gave us were less than some of the prices on the listed.  It is $25 spend per person to be there, and our bill was $92, so I think we made it.  The receipt did show that it was taken from my monthly comp offer.  Of course, we couldn't leave without taking a photo of one of Kip's favorites.


Kip has told me stories of her early trips to Las Vegas when she was living in LA.  Staying at Vegas World because they gave these incredible offers.  She didn't use a lot of them because she really didn't know the value like she does now.  Ah, the old days. . .

That must have been it, I don't see anything more in my notes!

Apparently we did go back to Golden Gate because I have a picture of us with Valeria and Dave.  The reason I missed this was because I didn't take the photo.




No comments:

Post a Comment