Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 5: Star Wars Weekend at Walt Disney World: May 29 - June 2

Our last day, where did the time go?

We headed over to HS for our Sci-Fi Dine-in Theater character meal.  When we arrived, we got a picture with Darth Vader and Boba Fett.  We got a card for those photos, but I forgot the card on the table when we left (along with the lightsaber swizzle stick we got with the drinks Bob bought last night  *sad face*).  We had a good breakfast while they ran some Star Wars clips while stormtroopers, jawas, and Greedo came around for photo ops.  We rode Star Tours one last time and I did get a slightly different trip this time (the last trip was the same as the previous one).

We went back to the room, packed up and checked out and headed over to the TTC at MK.

We rode the Mine Train ride again with a very short wait.  He thought we missed our Be Our Guest lunch reservation, but we did have lunch there.

We closed out our Disney trip by seeing PhilharMagic.

We were a bit pressed for time getting back to the airport, but still managed to get to the gate before boarding.  My flight was fuller, but I still had an empty middle seat.  I just missed a rail shuttle to the station and the next bus took longer, so I wasn't able to take an earlier Amtrak train to New Carrollton and had to take the last MARC train.  Got to New Carrollton Metro around 10:00 PM and got back to Vienna around 11:15 PM.  Cath (my wife) and Tessandra (my daughter) were waiting at the gate for me.  I could bearly hear her calling, "Daddy, daddy!" because I got sick on Sunday night and during the flight my right ear closed and did not reopen.  It took a while for it to open up later that night.

*******

Random musings:

Here are links to photos from the trip:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10154254803275232.1073741855.813685231&type=1&l=0a0598aaca

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202294617302623.1073741847.1106945301&type=1&l=0da9efefc4

Okay, I was a bit unprepared for the heat and humidity.  I thought I was packing "heavy" with a few extra shirts, but it turns out that I wore everything I brought, considering that we showered in the middle of each day and I wore two shirts a day.  In future "summer" trips, I'll be sure to plan to wear at least two shirts a day.  This is probably not going to be the case when we go in December, when it will be cooler.

Planning a break in the middle of the day was a good idea and will be something we implement for our trip in December.  It may be a bit logistically more difficult, but it was a nice chance to rest and recover.

I did get a blister on my little toe, mostly because of the odd shape of that toe.

I did get sick, which I think was due to the fact that I probably did not hydrate enough.  Also, I probably could have used some sunscreen.

Bob did a good job planning the trip.  I know he tried to incorporate seeing the SWW things and also see the parks to get a feel for what we'd do in December.  Hopefully he can do the same for us in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment