Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 2: Star Wars Weekend at Walt Disney World: May 29 - June 2

We had an early morning as we were getting to Hollywood Studios for the "rope drop".  I don't think we got there as early as Bob wanted, but we were still there before the opened the park.

When they opened the park, we headed right to Toy Story and got on with a short wait.  I managed to put up a higher score than Bob on my first try, granted I didn't totally know what I was doing.  I'll clean up the order later, we waited in a short line to get our picture taken with Darth Vader, and then rode the Rock n Roller coaster and had a FPP for Tower of Terror, which I wasn't totally impressed with, and also the Star Tours ride. 

We headed back to the main area to check in for our "Feel the Force" premium package, which gave us a "premium" spot to see the parade in the morning and then the stage and fireworks show in the evening (along with refreshments in the morning and desserts and refreshments in the evening).  While I was waiting in the line to get in, Bob picked up lunch at Min and Bill's Dockside Diner.  He got himself a hot dog pretzel and I got a pork shank (we got free soda, water, and a frozen treat in the VIP area).

The parade was nice, there were the Disney characters in Star Wars costumes (Mickey - Jedi, Minnie - Princess Leia, Goofy - Darth Vader, Donald Duck - Stormtrooper, Chip and Dale - Ewoks).  There were also people dressed as other Star Wars characters (but no Han Solo).

We waited in a line to get a picture of either Luke, Leia, and/or C3PO, but by luck of the draw, it was just Leia.

We had a break incorporated into our schedule, so not to lose our "prime" parking space, we took the bus back to CBR.  We got off at the Old Port Royale area to pick up towels and walked back to Martinique.  The "feature" pool at Old Port Royale was a bit crowded, but the Martinique pool was not, but we discovered that the pool at Barbados was closer, so we went there.  It was a nice mid-day break.

We showered off and headed back to HS to get back for the Visit to the Maul appearance with Ray Park.  We thought we were too late, but we managed to get there as they were letting people in, although we were on the wrong side of where they blocked the entrance.  After speaking with a cast member, they let us cut across the line to the other side where the FPP entrance was (causing quite a commotion with some other guests).  I enjoyed the show, although I find JAT annoying.

We had 6:20 PM character meal at Hollywood & Vine so we headed over there.  Even though we had a "reservation" for 6:20, I think we waited another hour to get in.  It was nice though, we got our picture taken with Chip and Dale when we got in, and Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy were making the rounds.  And the food was really good, they had a lobster and shrimp mac and cheese that was really good (it was Lando's Lobster and Shrimp Macaroni and Cheese, so that's why it was smoooooth).

I think we did another Star Tours ride before going into the VIP fireworks viewing area.  In the meantime, I have a friend down there who was going to meet us and we weren't sure how we would find each other in the crowd.  She arrived and I told her we were near the front of the stage and she was nearby.  I told her if she went to the corner of the VIP area, I'd see her and sure enough, a few minutes later, I see her walking up.  I walk over towards her, but it was a bit dark and I didn't see that when I stepped around a guy sitting on the ground that he had a bag sitting next to him, so I tripped over that and landed on the ground next to Heidi.  She looked down and said, oh there you are!

We watched the fireworks and hung out a bit while the crowds filtered out.  I told her she could take the bus there and we could drive her back (she was staying at CBR too).  We planned to get up early the next day, but Heidi was going to sleep in (since she had been working and drove up).

No comments:

Post a Comment