Sunday, November 25, 2018

2018 catch up


Yeah, I have not posted anything since my Las Vegas trip in January (okay, I just posted about my Frontier flight), so I guess I should write about things this year.

First thing is that I started a new job in July!  After a year and a half, I finally landed a job with BDO, another professional services firm, although quite a bit smaller than EY.  I work in the transfer pricing division, which is totally different from the business tax compliance work I was doing before.  Much of my work still ties with tax returns, so I have similar deadlines, but I am no longer working with tax returns for the most part.  A majority of my work is similar to what I was doing with EY, project coordination (tracking deliverables, billing and receiving, research, etc).  I am enjoying my time there and my coworkers are really nice.

Yay, work!


Oh, and the Washington Capitals won the Stanley Cup!  I was watching it at Buffalo Wild Wings in Fairfax with my friends Chris and Caryn.  Caryn and I were at MCI Center in 1998 when the Red Wings swept out the Capitals.  We got to see the Cup on the ice, and although we didn't get to see it in person, we got to enjoy the moment together.  Our family braved the hot weather to get to the parade and rally (well, the rally part, we camped out there with my friend Joe, but missed parade part).  We also braved the heat to try to get our photo with the Cup at Kettler, but after waiting for around six hours in the heat in the parking garage, when we were about 12 people away, they whisked the Cup away!  They gave us tickets which they said would let us know of future Cup photo opportunities, but to date, I haven't heard anything further regarding that.  Fortunately, we were able to get our photos at the Hershey Bears game later that year.

Celebrating at Buffalo Wild Wings!

Joe and I sweating it out on The Mall.

The whole family was there.

Ovi and the Cup!

Yay, parades!

We were told if we got to the pillar on the right, we'd be "guaranteed" to get a photo.

That was as close as we got to getting our photo taken.
Hey, it's Capitals' arena announcer Wes Johnson!
Tessandra got to try on the Championship Ring!







The Prince of Wales Trophy.
The Rocket Richard Trophy
The Conn Smythe Trophy!





















The actual playoff MVP!
Ovi's name on it!





















And his Championship Ring!
The keepers of the. . . monkey?





















It was great talking hockey with these guys!

Tessandra with Phil and the other guy (unfortunately I didn't get his name!)




Worth the wait!

Finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment