Sunday, November 25, 2018

Anniversary stay at Hard Rock Atlantic City - September 2018

We were just here in August, and now we are back in September.  I got two free nights as part of status matching from my Caesars Diamond card, so I booked our anniversary night.  I inquired about a suite upgrade at check in, but was told none were available.  I did ask "my host" when we came in August, but I didn't feel like I played enough to ask him for another upgrade.  We got a room in the North Tower (the old Chairman Tower), and you can see pictures of this room here.  We did not have much of a view, but the rooms look generally the same as I remembered them when it was Trump Taj Mahal.

For lunch on Sat, we went to Asian Fusion, another one of the restaurants on the way to the parking garage.  It is very similar to Panda Express, the restaurant that occupied that space when it was Trump Taj Mahal.

We spent a little time at the pool.  They remodeled it a bit, took out the old middle eastern murals and put in rock type sayings.  There was some couch seating, as well as the standard chairs and loungers.  The pool was a bit chilly, I recall it being a bit warmer before.  They still have not installed any hot tubs.  The old ones when it was Trump Taj Mahal were outside, but they had been removed for many years before they closed.

After the swim, we headed to Golden Nugget, to have our anniversary dinner at Grotto.  My wife liked this place because they had family style offerings, but they had removed them last year, and they never came back.  Still, we managed to find things we liked, and we had comps to use, so it worked out fine.

Sunday, of course, meant going to Capriccio and the Sunday Brunch.  We had a nice anniversary cake from Jorge, and the food was excellent, as always.







Gambling wasn't great, but I'm getting Sun-Fri room offers, with the occasional Sat, so hopefully there will be more trips to Hard Rock in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment