Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Socially Distanced Trip to Las Vegas, February 24 to March 2 - Day Seven

So, not much to write for today, we're leaving town.

I have to put a picture here, so it looks nice:


Although Kip and I arrived at different times, we are flying back together.  We gas up the car and get to the rental center around 7:00 AM.  7:15 AM, we're at the Southwest counter and I'm checking in a bag.  Plenty of time for our 8:45 AM departure.

We landed at PHL around 6:00 PM.  At 6:45 PM I'm picking up my car at Colonial Parking and I drive Kip to Bob's place, where she parked her car for the trip.  We talk about our trip with Bob for a while, and then we have to head home, we both have long drives ahead of us.

We were hungry though, so we decided to stop at Iron Hill Brewery, which is near where Bob lives, but they stopped serving food by the time we got there.  We ended up at a nearby Applebee's.  We reviewed the trip, a pretty profitable one, and we had fun.  Other than the long, grueling session on the last day, we had a pretty good balance of play and other things.  Although we told ourselves we weren't going to have sessions like that, I've already written about my recent trip where, due to some promotions, we did  have one long play session.  Our other sessions were a bit easier (at least it seemed that way).  Trip planning always seem to be a work in progress, especially when the number of people increases.  Working a schedule with four people is pretty easy, especially when two of those people are not necessarily tied with the other people's plans.

I had to pull over for a stop on the way home, so I didn't arrive home until around 2:00 AM.  Whew!


***********


FLIGHTS:

Kip used points to purchase my plane ticket, and I paid her a fair market value for those points (thanks, Kip!).


HOTELS:

I booked three nights at Hotel Apache and four nights at Golden Gate in one of their mini-suites.  Hotel Apache doesn't charge a resort fee and Golden Gate doesn't for comped rooms.


FOOD AND DRINK:

02/24:
Dinner:  Wendy's - $8.97
Drinks:  Frankie's Tiki - $24.00
02/25:
Breakfast:  Binion's Cafe, Binon's - comp
Drinks:  Golden Tiki - $40.64 (AH paid)
Dinner:  Bugsy & Meyer's - $193
Snack:  Binion's Deli - comp ($8.93)
02/26:
Brunch:  Salt & Ivy, Aria - Kip comp
Dinner:  Chicago Brewing Company, Four Queens - mostly comped ($41.50)
Snack:  Din Tai Fung, Aria - AH comp
02/27:
Breakfast:  Magnolia's, Four Queens - Scott comp
Lunch:  Magnolia's, Four Queens - Scott comp
Dinner:  Hugo's Cellar, Four Queens - Harv/Scott comp ($289.36)
Drinks:  Legacy Club, Circa - comp ($39, for Scott and my drink)
02/28:
Breakfast:  Magnolia's, Four Queens - Scott comp ($34.94)
Dinner:  Andiamo, The D - comps ($306.55)
Drink:  Prohibition Bar, Golden Gate - comp ($35)
03/01:
Dinner:  Barry's Downtown Prime - comp ($268.77)

GAMING

Play went really well.  Even though Kip and I didn't hit any royal flushes, I did hit around $700 in straight flushes, so that's almost a royal (or three and a half nickel ones)!

No comments:

Post a Comment