Wednesday, August 4, 2021

July - August Las Vegas Trip - Day Nine

Wednesday, August 4

6:00 am sunrise in Las Vegas. . .


Time to shower and finish packing for our 9:25 am flight.

We stopped at the ARCO at 7280 Las Vegas Blvd S (at E Warm Springs Rd), which seemed to have a decent price.  The drop off at Budget went fast, but it seemed like we waited quite a while for the shuttle to take us back to the airport.

We managed to get our bags checked and through security with time to pick up some sandwiches for the trip (since we wouldn't have time during our stop in DEN, since we weren't changing planes).  I also picked up a breakfast sandwich.

There seemed to be a bit of confusion at the gate, and they announced the flight going to Denver, Washington, Chicago, and Phoenix.  Well, I was getting off at one of those stops!


I had the window seat leaving Las Vegas, so I took some photos as we were departing. . .



There were only around eight people going to IAD, so we were able to change seats.  As Bob is taller, he wanted to be seated in the emergency exit row.  As I am short, I usually don't worry about that.  We got the row, and were talking with the flight attendant, who occupied the middle seat area (while I avoided eye contact with every tall person who walked by), and by the time everyone boarded, the middle seat remained empty!  Bonus!

I had a ridiculous amount of legroom. . .

I dozed off a bit and Bob dozed of a bit, but we were awake when we were arriving back at IAD.  Now I know that I live along the flight path to IAD, and was wondering how close we were.  I leaned over to look out the window, and I said that it looked like I saw my daughter's old elementary school.  Turns out that it was!  I recognized the I-66/Route 28 interchange and soon enough, we landed at Dulles.

We got our bags and Bob decided that he'll eat here before hitting the road.  We ended up going to Silver Diner.  I got what I usually get, the flat iron steak, although I got a chicken noodle soup and a chocolate malt.  Both were good, as always.



We headed back to our condo, where Bob was parked, and he headed home.  I unpacked and headed to bed, since I had to be "at" work the next day!  The trip was truly over. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment