Monday, August 2, 2021

July - August Las Vegas Trip - Day Seven

Monday, August 2

Got up around 8ish.  Kip sends me a message saying she was shooting to meet me at 10:00 am before heading to Four Queens and Magnolia's for breakfast.  I hit the shower and am ready for her to come by around 9:30 am.  She drops off her bag and we walk down Fremont Street to the Queens.

We are meeting Cathy and Jose again, and we get there around 11:00 am.  Looking for a change for breakfast (and seeing Jose get it a previous morning), I ordered the chicken fried steak.  He said it was okay and it was just okay.


We head back to Golden Gate to get our day's play in.  Kip and I stopped to check her in to her last room at Hotel Apache.  She had a decent size room, larger than the one I had in April, but smaller than the one she had in March.

Things were starting slow for me, then I hit aces.  Then I hit aces again.  Then I hit aces again, this time with a useless kicker.  I hit aces three times in an hour.  Not too bad. . .




Then I followed that up with quad fours, and then a bit later, deuces (with another useless kicker)!  At least I'm hitting bonus quads on a bonus game!



Well, it's now around 4:00 pm, and we had a 4:30 pm reservation at Pizza Rock.  It was for happy hour, and we could also use our One Club (earned) comps there.

I had never been there before (but Kip had, and recommended it), and it was really good!  The pizza was great and they had a good drink selection.  I'll be sure to add this place to my restaurant rotation on future trips!

The Tony 2 Times (without salami) and a Black House Vanilla Latte Stout

It was a nice little break to hang out with friends.  We then headed back to Golden Gate to finish our play.  We figured we had a few more hours to go.

The evening session did not go well for me.  I hit one bonus quad (with another useless kicker), and turned a large winning session in the morning to an overall win of 18c.  I guess I really can't complain about that.  Kip, unfortunately, had a losing session, but with our monthly freeplay and earned cashback, we only ended up being down $70.82 overall, which isn't bad for $10,000 coin-in.

We had 9:00 pm bowling planned, so Kip and I had to rush up to get socks and then get over to The D where our ride was waiting.  It was a good thing our friend had a full-size car, because we were still packed in there.

Our other friends were waiting at Gold Coast for us, and soon we were ready to bowl:

 Yeah, we were bowling with some Asshole. . .

I hadn't bowled in a while (and I imagine most other people hadn't either).  We still had fun though (there might have been alcohol involved).  And in the end, the Asshole won. . .





Afterwards, we tried a group play on 10c 10-line Ultimate X.  Unfortunately, we couldn't string together a bunch of winning hands, and it was soon over.

We headed back to The D, and Kip and I walked back to Golden Gate.  I believe that was pretty much it!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment