Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Poker Guys trip to Las Vegas - Day Six

Here it is, getaway day.

Although my room did have a coffee maker, I walked over to Vue Bar to get a coffee (and take one last VP shot).

A new to me bartender, Rachel, told me the coffee machine there wasn't working, but she promised me a coffee, either from downstairs or as soon as the machine was fixed.  I had a little time, so I wasn't worried, until it was about 30 minutes later.  In the mean time, in about five minutes, I hit a quad.

I played hours without hitting a quad, and I get one on my last day in five minutes!

Rachel said she had been there for about two months, I told her I'll probably see her on my next trip (in February).

Hi Rachel!
 

I leave Vue Bar with a $25 win and head back to Four Queens.  I was going to take a cab, but there weren't any there.  I asked the bell desk to call one, but several minutes passed and still no cab.  The guy suggested taking an Uber, which I ended up doing.  Funny, a few minutes after the Uber arrived, a cab pulled up.  Oh well.

Since it wasn't rush hour, the price was reasonable, it was just under $30, including tip.  I got to the airport in plenty of time.  I have TSA Pre, so going through security was easy too.  As I was making my way to my gate, I realized that I didn't have my CPAP machine.  I went to the closest Southwest gate and asked them to check the ticketing desk to see if I left it there.  I was fairly certain that I didn't leave it in the Uber.  While the agent was checking, I went to the TSA desk and asked the guy if he could check just outside the gate, where I stopped to put the items in my pocket into my backpack.  He was nice enough to go out and look for me and unfortunately, he didn't find it.  I went back to the Southwest gate, and the agent told me that it was found at the ticketing area and I needed to go there to pick it up.  Fortunately I still had plenty of time to exit the gate and go back to ticketing, which fortunately isn't far away from security.  And also fortunate that I actually tagged my CPAP case so it could be identified.  I thanked Crystal at the ticketing desk, Aaron, the TSA agent, but Michelle at the first gate wasn't there.  As I was waiting to board my flight, I heard my name called and I went to the podium,  She told me they found a bag of mine, and I told her that I already picked it up.  She said they were paging me for some time, so I'm thinking the people at the ticketing desk found my name and sent message to my gate to page me.  In any event, I had my CPAP!  It would be very difficult times without it!

I took another parting shot at the airport, and again I hit quads.  Maybe I should stay since I'm just heating up!


I did have enough time to pick up lunch for the flight home.

Turkey and cheddar sandwich, chips, and a Cherry Coke

I had a connection in DAL, that plane was NOT full, so there was plenty of space!

Plenty of empty rows!

I was arriving at DCA (Washington Reagan National Airport) around 8:20 PM, which meant I was taking the Metro back to Vienna and my wife was going to have to pick me up there.  It was a bit chilly waiting for the Metro, but it was a fine ride back.  Eventually, I arrived safely at home.

It wasn't the best gambling trip, not by a long shot.  But, there were many fun activities such as the rodeo, playing pickleball, and hiking at Valley of Fire.  We enjoyed playing poker together (although some of us played more than others).  I used a lot of my comps on the guys:

11/11:  Dinner at Magnolia's
11/12:  Dinner at Andiamo
11/13:  Breakfast at Binion's Cafe
11/14:  Lunch at Whiskey Liquor Up
11/14:  Drinks at Chicago Brewing Company

We room charged a breakfast at Hash House a Go Go and a dinner at Oscar's on John's room and ended up getting most of it comped, so that was good.

With the slot club changes at Four Queens, I'm not exactly sure what my offers will be in the next few months, but hopefully they will be decent.

Here's hoping my Feb/Mar trip goes better (but I already know it will be a lot of fine dining and birthday comp blowouts!).


No comments:

Post a Comment