Friday, December 2, 2022

Comp-a-palooza, Day four

Cover photo.

And here we are, the last day.

The Binion's comp I got was good for 48 hours, so Scott and I went there for breakfast.  Oh, one thing I failed to mention was that the NFR (National Finals Rodeo) started this weekend, so everywhere was hopping with cowboys and cowgirls (well, not actually hopping, as far as I knew) so the restaurant lines were pretty long.

We did eventually get seated and I ordered what I usually get, the Gambler's Token (which has changed names a few times, I think).

Gambler's token

Scott's omelette

We went over my $25 comp, but Scott has hundreds to use.

I went back to Plaza to do some play before heading down to El Cortez to catch them recording a craps session (it didn't go well).  I did play this Triple Treys game that Scott hit a nice royal on some months ago.  It's an interesting game, it's Joker Poker, but if you get three threes, you go to a bonus game where there are three jokers and all wins are tripled.  I was doing okay on the first hundred, but lost that and put in another.  I got a bonus game and on the first game, I held a Kh, Joker, Jh, and then. . .


Joker Royal, times three for $441!  I didn't get anything else on that bonus, but it was the best hit I had for the trip (slightly higher than those $1 Bonus Deluxe quads).  I cashed out at $525, for a $325 profit!

I headed back to Plaza to finish up my play at the Sand Dollar Downtown lounge.  I played there last month and now it's decorated for the holidays.



You can get some decent canned beer comped for play. . .


It was a bit chilly, but I still managed to get in some last minute hot tub time before they closed.



Last night, had to use up my $150 in comps at Oscar's.  Scott met me at 8:30 for dinner.

Well, they have a better view than Barry's, Andiamo, and Hugo's (Binion's has the best view)

Lookup up at Plaza.

You know it, you love it, the lobster bisque.

And some prime, prime rib.

Chocolate cake?  Because we had to max out the comps (and I don't think we ate all of it anyway).
 
Without tax, it was $147, so we were just about there (we could have gotten another coffee, although technically, we did get two, they just served Scott's to the table next to us).

Seeing as I had a super early 5:35 AM departure Saturday morning, I could have either not slept, slept a little, or try to get as much sleep as I could.  Seeing as how I was going to be doing a fair amount of walking around at Enchant!, I opted to get as much sleep as I could.  I checked my balances at Plaza after dinner, played an hour where I just kept losing and then called it a night (before midnight).

4:00 AM wake up on Saturday morning, took a cab from Plaza to the airport, which I was amazed how crowded it was (but it is Vegas).  TSA Pre makes going through security a breeze (and I didn't forget my CPAP at the ticketing counter).  My connection in MDW was fine, they even announced that the plane would not be crowded, so it was nice to have a row to myself.


Not a winning trip, but a fun trip.

Like I said, I gotta get this report in the books, er, blog, before my next trip which is coming up soon!

I think I'll also write a report on my AC trip at the end of December, since good things happened then!


No comments:

Post a Comment