Thursday, December 1, 2022

Comp-a-palooza, Day three

Cover photo.

The problem with short trips is that they're almost over when they just started!

I met Scott over at The D, where he was staying, and we were going to meet Sarah and Victor for breakfast at Bacon Nation.  We had a bit of a wait, so we played at Vue Bar while we were waiting.  I had a decent session, hitting five quads and cashing out up $224.

I ordered the Maple bacon and eggs, which was fine.  Not outstanding, but the bacon was good, although I wish there was more than one slice (Scott said he got two when he ate there the previous day).


It's pretty pricey, as four beverages (oj and coffee at $4 ea), $9 for oatmeal, and two $19 breakfasts total $68.28!  Maybe I'll stick with Magnolia's!

Scott said it was an excursion day, and we headed to Hoover Dam.  We walked out on the dam and saw how low the water is.

Dam, that water's low!

Here's Sarah and Victor choosing sides.

I'm representing Arizona with my old Winnipeg Jets sweater (since this was before I got my Coyotes sweater.)

The O'Callaghan - Tilman Bridge, which Scott wanted to go, but the rest of us didn't. . .

So after taking all of our dam photos and exhausting all of the dam jokes, we headed back Downtown.

Played some Dreamcard at The D to earn points.  Got close to a nice hit:

Never a kicker when I need one. . .

Never a Dreamcard when I need one. . .

6:00 PM dinner at Andiamo.  Another $525 in comps to use, although Scott was staying longer, we at least had to use up all of mine.

The Barrel Aged Woodford (aged in a charred oak cask) Manhattan

Of course, the lobster bisque.

Mushrooms and onions.

Rib eye and rock lobster tail!

My friend Jill joined us for dinner, and we were right around $400, which used up my comps and still left Scott with some for the rest of his trip.

Scott had mentioned going to Ethel M's, and Jill said she'd go with us, so she ended up driving us all there.  She was shocked that it wasn't crowded, but it was a bit chilly.  This is just a few of the many photos I took.







Very nice that it wasn't crowded.

Jill dropped us back off at The D and we went to Golden Gate to redeem our free play and do some play there.  I converted my $60 free play into $55.  I had a pretty good run, hitting nine quads and cashing out for a win of $160.49.  I played through the machine issues I was having:



Malfunction voids all pays, no?

Ugh, that close, and that's as close as I got. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment