Thursday, July 29, 2021

July - August Las Vegas Trip - Day Three

Thursday, July 29

Since I hadn't been at Rio since I basically checked in, I called the front desk to see about my offer.  When I told the clerk about my $75 resort credit, she told me she didn't see that, she saw $25 in resort credit and $100 in free play.  I said that sounded better than my original offer, and I would take it.  That means that I would have to go back to Rio to collect my free play.

Today is my first planned play day.  Binion's/Four Queens is running a promotion for July/August, get $10 in free play for every 100 points, up to $400 in free play.  Plus when you get 2,000 points, you get an additional $40 in comps and at 4,000 points, an additional $100 in comps (for a total of $140 if you do 4,000 points).  4,000 points at $1 would take around 8 hours of play, and we were planning on doing that at Four Queens tomorrow, I would just be doing 2,000 points today.

I was going to use $25 in comps I earned from their slot app before they changed their terms.  The comps were to expire this year, but they have been extended to next year.

We ran into our friend Dave, and he had a comp breakfast for two, so we ended up using that coupon and earned comps instead of my slot app comps.  I ordered what I usually get at Binion's Cafe, the Gambler's special:


The happy breakfast crew!

After breakfast, Kip and I started our play at $1 8/5 BP.  Even though I hit aces, threes, and a straight flush, we ended up losing $580.




I earned $210 in free play, which I turned into $120 in cash during a horrible session overall.  With the $75 I earned in cashback and Kip's $45 from her free play, we had an overall loss of $340.  Not the best way to start our group play. . .

We finished in time for our scheduled 1:30 pm lunch at Whiskey Liquor Up.  I ordered a mushroom and swiss burger and it was pretty tasty.


We had a long talk with Mark, the creative chef, who is quite knowledgeable in the tiki scene.  He's a great guy as well!

Since I earned quite a bit of comps, I picked up lunch for Dave, Bob, Kip, and I.

The lunch crew!

We had 5:00 pm dinner plans at Orchid's Garden, so we made our way over there.  They were able to seat our party of nine without any issues.  We all ate our fill of items for around $20 each, which was pretty good.  I didn't get any food pictures because we all ate it so fast!

We had plans for putting at Angel Park at 7:00 pm, but we were able to get there a bit earlier.  I guess that was fortunate, because there was a storm blowing through, which required us to take around a 15 minute break for the storm to blow by.

It was a bit calm when we arrived.

The wind was blowing pretty hard, and later there was a bit of rain, thunder, and lightning

We stopped at Rio on the way back so I could pick up my free play.  For some reason, it wasn't showing up on any machines, and when I checked a kiosk, it said there was a problem with my PIN.  I went to the slot club, but there was a sign that said I needed to go to the cashier.  I went there, and the clerk there said the slot club closed at 9:00 pm (it was 9:15 pm now), and the slot supervisor was gone, and no one there could help me.  I would have to come back tomorrow at 9:00 am.  I was going to be downtown then, so I wouldn't be able to do that.  I also inquired about my PIN, which she said was "restricted" and that it would need to be taken care of tomorrow as well.  Well that was a big disappointment.

We went over to Jammyland for drinks to drown my sorrows.  Although the food options aren't my style, the drinks were very good.  I had a Gold Rush and an Irish Wallflower, along with an order of wings.

Gold Rush!

Irish Wallflower

Jerk Wings!

Also at 12:01 am (Friday), the mandatory indoor masking policy went into effect.  Although for the most part, I was still wearing my mask anyway.

I think I got back to Four Queens around 12:30 am.  It will be a big day tomorrow, since that's the big eight hour Four Queens play!

No comments:

Post a Comment