Wednesday, July 28, 2021

July - August Las Vegas Trip - Day Two

Wednesday, July 28

Originally I was to head downtown to Golden Gate to put in a half day of play.  Because we spent too much time at Pinball Hall of Fame and Ellis Island, we were unable to go grocery shopping.  Our friend was flying in around 10:30 am, so we changed our plans and figured we could pick her up from the airport, get lunch somewhere, and then head downtown, where she would be staying (and I had a reservation downtown as well).

As luck would have it, just as we decided to change our plans, we discovered that Kip's plane arrived an hour early.  We finished cleaning up and I packed up my bag to better facilitate it getting to Four Queens later that afternoon.

We picked her up around 10:30 am and headed to Starboard Tack for lunch.  It is an excellent place for cocktails and food.


Loco moco

Starboard Taquiri

Flight of the Caipirinha!

After lunch, we headed downtown and Bob dropped Kip and I off at Four Queens.  We were able to check in and get adjacent rooms.  My room was on the interior corner of the building, so I had a view of The D and towards the Strip.


I hadn't stayed at Four Queens since 2009, so I was pleasantly surprised with the room.  The body jets in the shower was a nice touch, and the room had a large refrigerator and a coffeemaker.

Kip and I had until around 4:45 pm before we needed to head to Golden Tiki to meet our friends for happy hour.  We headed over to Downtown Grand, but their table games weren't open (they were only open during the weekend).  Around 2:30 pm, we got to El Cortez to use coupons there.  We split $45 between our coupons.

We popped in to The D and Vue Bar to check on the VP progressive.  It was around $1,245, so we decided to take a shot.  I hit aces and deuces and we came out ahead there $45 as well.


Bob picked us up and we got to Golden Tiki in time for our 5:30 pm reservation.  For the first time that I can remember, I didn't get a Blue Lagoon, I just got the Dole Whip, which is pretty much a meal in itself.


 It was so good, Kip and I split another one!


We had 7:30 pm reservations at Bacchanal, so we headed over.  We were fortunate that they had just recently opened reservations every day instead of Thu-Sun, and our friend was fortunate enough to get us a good reservation.

I mostly got seafood (snow crab legs and lobster claws).  It was good, but really not worth the price they charge.


I believe they have a 1:30 time limit, and I think we might have taken about that long.  We headed over to Bellagio to catch a fountain show, arriving shortly before one started (9:30 pm).  It was Time to Say Goodbye, one of my favorites.



We then went to the Conservatory, which had a nice display.







After walking back to Caesars, Bob drove Kip and I back to Four Queens and he headed back to Rio.

No comments:

Post a Comment