Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Hipfest V: The Birthday Celebrations!!! - Day Six

 


Since we stopped at Total Wine, our in-room coffee now had a friend!

Our friend, Lola Bellini, was staying in Encore, so we invited her over for mimosas (courtesy of our stop at Total Wine as well).

Cheers!

We lollygagged in the room for quite a while.  We had brunch reservations at Jardin, which we pushed back a little bit, as I recall.  Maybe we moved it forward, since on our schedule I see it at 3:15 PM, but I have a check-in at 1:15PM.

Lola showing off the menu, Kip showing off the fancy glass.

Our view.  The pool is to the left.

I got the pricey steak and eggs.

Kip and her tiny birthday dessert!

Group photo!

A little raspberry sorbet.

Jardin Signature "Flower Pot" dessert!

The pot cut open, even the flowers are edible!

Kip and I were going to do some play on Wynn's crappy VP.  I was managing okay on Joker Poker:

Best I could do on that draw. . .

I was down $125 before it was time to head to Lakeside for Kip's birthday dinner.  We wanted a "lakeside" table, but this was the best they could do for us (even on her birthday!).

Our slightly obstructed view. . .

We still had decent views of the shows.




There were some birthday drinks.

I don't recall what the ladies had. . .

This was Smoke on the Water.

Since we were splurging, I ordered a shrimp cocktail and got the king crab pasta.

Shrimp cocktail!

King Crab Pasta.

I was expecting a different pasta, but it was still tasty.  Kip got another tiny dessert for her birthday, which she loved.

Happy birthday, Kip!

And since we were splurging, I got a cappuccino.


As I recall, even with all of the food and drinks, we were still under Kip's $300 comp, but not by much.

Lola wasn't feeling well, so she left us, and Kip and I went back to the Joker Poker.  She still wasn't doing well (nothing higher than 4 oaks), while I did hit this:

Huzzah, all of the "J" cards!

That turned my loss from the prior session into an overall win.  We tried a $1 slot, Kip tried Top Dollar and lost $100, but got a fair amount of play.  I tried Pinball, and did not get a lot of play, but won $100, so we were net even on the total play.  I had a hunch on a Bingo slot, and we hit the bonus for a net win of $91.40.  We didn't put many points in, and we really weren't feeling it, so we called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment