Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Hipfest V: The Birthday Celebrations!!! - Day Seven


 We were going to have breakfast in the morning at Peppermill, but we had in-room coffee (and Carolans).  We checked out of our room at Wynn and headed over to Lola's room at Encore since she had a late check out.  We lollygagged there with sangria that we purchased at Total Wine.

The room view from Encore.

After Lola checked out, we dropped her off at Aria, her next hotel, while Kip and I checked in to our last hotel of the trip, Cromwell.  I can't remember the last time I actually played significantly at a Caesars' property.  Usually Cromwell and Caesars Palace are not available as a comp for me, but for this trip it did, so I booked it.  This leaves The Linq as the only Caesars' property in Las Vegas where I haven't stayed.

Cromwell is a small hotel, so parking wasn't difficult (other than getting in and out of the garage).  I checked in on the app, but there were no kiosks to pick up my keys, so I still had to wait for the check-in clerk.  We had a nice conversation while we were waiting in line with the doorman/bellman.  We got our keys and headed to the room, when we opened the door, there were dirty glasses on the dresser and the beds weren't made.  We headed back down to the front desk (which fortunately since it isn't a large hotel, wasn't far to go).  I had mentioned to Kip about the time she checked into a dirty room at Showboat in Atlantic City and they gave her a $50 comp.  The desk clerk was very apologetic and after a few minutes gave us new keys to a room a little further down the hall.  She also gave us a $50 comp good at any of the Caesars' properties (where they owned the restaurant, she gave me a list).  We weren't sure when we could use this for a meal, since our meals for the rest of the trip were planned out, but I'm sure we'll make use of it.

The room (806) was clean!  It's a small room, but it was nice, plus we had a view of the Bellagio fountains.

Bellagio view!

We were heading back Downtown to take advantage of free play we had, plus the monthly food comps at Club One properties (Circa, The D, Golden Gate).  I can't remember where we parked, maybe The D, since we were playing and eating there, but we went to Circa for a late lunch at Saginaw Deli.  I got the loco moco, which was pretty good.

Yay, loco moco!

We played our $25 match play chips at Golden Gate, she lost both, I won one and lost two.  I tried to get it back, but unfortunately didn't.  My freeplay didn't go so well either.  We both had a bunch of matchplays at The D, but again, we didn't use them this trip.  We've booked time to use them in Sep/Oct.

We got to The D and our favorite place to play, Vue Bar.  We played until our dinner reservation at Andiamo at 8:00 PM.  Between the two of us we had around $260 to spend.  We got wine, and lobster bisques.  She got scallops I believe, and I got surf and turf.

A little pinot noir. . .

Cheers!

The always good lobster bisque!

Some surf and turf!

The sometimes you get the pasta side, sometimes you don't. . .

We still had around $40 in comps left.  That means that we'll get a pricey drink at Vue Bar.  This time it was Casamigos Reposado.  Quite tasty.

Yummy tequila!

We hit a number of quads at Vue Bar, me nine and Kip had eight.  I hit aces twice and two bonus quads, while Kip only hit two bonus quads.  I did hit this though:

Yay straight flushes!

We were considering stopped for drinks at Jammyland, but we decided just to head back to Cromwell. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment