Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hipfest III - Day Six

Wednesday, January, 29:

Just a few hours of sleep, and we're up and ready to go.

We get gas at the Arco a block away from the rental facility (instead of the gougy Sinclair across the street).  We drove 54 miles, and yet it took 3.216 gallons to fill the tank (apparently it wasn't "full" full, or the car get really bad gas mileage).

We're on the shuttle to the airport at 6:55 AM.  Kip hasn't checked in to the flight since she's waiting on a decent seat assignment.  Since I'm on the flight as well, but already have an assigned seat, I can see the seating, and it looks wide open.  Kip gets seat 8F, a window seat, she's happy she's not in the middle!

7:06 AM, we're at the airport at Terminal 3, and thanks to TSA Pre-check, I'm through by 7:15 AM.  It only takes Kip seven minutes longer.  We get to the gate, and it is hardly crowded, apparently there are only about 30 people on the flight!  I'm seated around 7:46 AM, and it seems we take off around 10 minutes early.

My crazy amount of leg room!

Good bye for now, Las Vegas.


I spent most of the flight sleeping, and we arrive to PHL early, around 3:38 PM.  We get my bag, and the parking shuttle is right outside.  Kip runs out to hold it while I get my bags together.  We're at Colonial Parking in no time.  I discover that my parking rate is a bit cheaper ($45.21) than I reserved ($52.97).

Hello, Philadelphia!

The battleship New Jersey!

Another view of Philadelphia.

Philadelphia's sports complex.





























While we were on the shuttle, I suggested to Kip that I have dinner in the area, since it was rush hour, and perhaps we should see what our friend Bob was doing, and perhaps eat at Iron Hill Brewery.  When we land, I see we have a text from Bob, asking if we had dinner plans.  Great minds think alike!

I had to take Kip to Bob's place anyway, since that's where she parked her car during her trip.  It took around 30 minutes or so, and then we arrived at the restaurant around 5:20 PM.  Kip and I hadn't eaten since last night, so we were a bit hungry!  Kip just got an appetizer and a bowl of seafood bisque.  I ordered a cup, but apparently they gave my cup to Kip.  The waitress noticed the error and gave me a cup, and got Kip a refill.  I had a nice pan-seared top sirloin steak.  Bob had points for this restaurant which he kindly used for our meal (another comped meal!).

Pig Iron Porter!

Seafood bisque.

Pan-seared top sirloin.
We headed back to Bob's where we all said our goodbyes.  I still have a long drive ahead of me, and with one stop on the way, and another for gas when I got home, I finally arrived home around 12:30 AM.  It was a bit later than I wanted, since I had to go to work the next day!






2 comments:

  1. I went back and read each entry (with pics now) and really enjoyed (re-lived) it. What a great trip! Thanks for taking the time to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you saw I never finished my report about the November trip in 2018 (or the trips in 2019), so I figured I needed to write this report.

    I just added a summary page.

    ReplyDelete