Saturday, January 25, 2020

Hipfest III - Day Two

Saturday, January 25:

So, with it being Chinese New Year, I was thinking of going to the parade near downtown, starting at 9:30 AM.  Kip was staying on the Strip, and had a long ordeal getting back from downtown that morning, so she wasn't going to make it.  I had stayed out later than I anticipated, so we ended up not making it.

Today was my The D play, so I just headed over there and waited for Kip to get there.  Scott was already there and playing at The Vue Bar, so I joined him.  Scott hit quad tens and I hit a King-high straight flush for $92.  Kip finally arrived, and I hit yet another King-high straight flush, this time for $72.50.

First!

Second!

We decided to break for lunch at The D Grill.  Scott used the rest of his monthly comps ($7), and I used mine to cover our meal (Scott, a chicken quesadilla, Kip an omelet, and I got bacon and eggs).

Bacon and eggs!
Back to the play, where this time Kip hit a King-high straight flush.  Scott had gone to his room to make a phone call.  I told him the bar was packed with people in animal pajamas.  He managed to get a seat next to me, and a few hand in, he hit a royal flush!  He followed this with aces on his next hand!  Kip had also hit aces, while I haven't hit a quad.  During this session, Kip hit eight quads, and a SF, Scott hit five quads, and a RF, while I hit three quads (at least I finished with aces).  I didn't do particularly well, losing $258, while Kip did manage to win $5.

I didn't play any tables last year, so I had last year's match play chips to use, as well as this year's, so I went to the table with $450 in match plays!  I had a pretty good session, and after the tips I gave out, I cashed out up $345!

I had my free play to use from the LVA coupon, my monthly offer, and points, which I converted into $130.

Kip also had her match plays, which we made a $260 profit.

Cha-ching!
We had some time to kill before dinner, so we went down to El Cortez to use our Southwest boarding passes to get the $10-$1000 free play, free drink, and $25 matchplay.  I did get the minimum $10 free play, which I converted into $5 cash.  The match play didn't go well.  I pushed my first hand, while Scott lost his, so I played an extra hand alone.  I got an A7 against a dealer 3, which the card said to double, which I did.  Unfortunately, I drew a four, which gave me 12.  The dealer didn't bust and I was out $50.

The three of us did a group play on double deuces wild, but we didn't do well, losing $2.50 each.

Scott didn't know what he was going to do for dinner, so I invited him to join us at Andiamo.  We always have good meals here, and I had $96.04 left in monthly comps to use.  I ordered lobster bisque and the bone-in rib eye, Scott just got the wedge salad, and Catherine just got the lobster bisque, so our bill was relatively low.  My remaining monthly comps were able to cover it.

Lobster Bisque!

Bone-in rib eye!

Our friend had another party that night, but there was only his Dutch friend.  We hung out for an hour or so, but since we had stayed out late the night before, we didn't want to stay out too late this night.

Expenses:  $1.99 (distilled water)
Tips:  $10.00
Gambling:  $29.50 (my total)

No comments:

Post a Comment